Thursday, July 15, 2010

¡Hola Todos!

Hello everyone from Yanacoto, Peru. This is a picture that I took in my new town, about a block from where I live. Life has changed quickly from college, and instead of Suite H with four dudes, I now live with a family of five-Ronald, Viviana (los padres) and Matias (8), Valentina (5) and Antonella (soon to be 2). I also have a 19 year old host uncle Josué who keeps me up to date with the latest "jerga" (slangwords). Things are good south of the Equator, with relatively hot days and cold nights, lots of rice and chicken and cold showers. Lots of new friends, Peruvian and American alike. Next week I´ll be in Piura in the north to go on site visits. Hasta Luego--I plan to write about once a week, and hope future entries will be a lot funnier. Take Care, or as they say here Cuídate!






4 comments:

  1. Hey John William,

    Matthew sent me the link to your blog. I am sure people will appreciate it as people ask us how you are doing a lot and we can now send them to your blog to see it and hear it in your words.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dubs!!! I'm so glad your'e doing this! Don't pull a "every-kid-who's-ever-started-a-blog-when-going-abroad" and stop posting after a week. I'm excited to hear how things are going! I'm also planning on writing you an e-mail soon. Plus, give me your parents' contact information so I can return The Wire/hang out with them. I'm on Season 5 episode 6 now, you should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jean (surprisingly), keep posting on the blog. I'm very jealous of that moutain view that you have! It beats the walls of my cubicle. Hope you are having a good time. Stay safe and in contact.

    -Suraj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean--
    Don't know what contact info you want but you
    can call me at 985-8549 or just stop by. You
    know where we live.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete