Saturday, January 22, 2011

An Ode to Peace Corps Friends




The song thing just keeps working for me... Again, I suggest listening to the song at the same time, this time it being the Friends Theme Song by the Rembrants.

Katherine--you'll appreciate this, Duffy, please allow me to still be a groomsman, I know this is lame, and I don't even want to know what genre it would get it my itunes--btw, I still have those genres, so I know to find my Chamillionare songs under "rap for people who hate rap."

Anyway, life continues here in Ancash where we're doing Vacaiones Utiles, and coming soon to Jangas, Movie Night for Teenagers :).

Un Abrazo, from a slightly lame, but confident author.


So no one told you Peace Corps'd be this way
Your job's a joke, your map just got wrote
Your love life's during regional meetings

It's like you're always stuck going second
When it hasn't been your día, semana, first three months or even your first year med checks

Yeah, But I'll be there for you, when the rainy seasons starts
I'll be there for you, like I was during training
I'll be there for you, cause there's nothing else to do

You're still in bed at 10, when colegio started at 8
Your breakfast's quacker and bread, so far things are going great
Your host mother warned you to lower your head
But you forgot how low the ceiling was, and you just smacked your brain

And

I'll be there for you, when the rainy season ends
I'll be there for you, cause we both have RPM*
I'll be there for you cause what else is there?

No one could ever dance like me
No one could ever sing like you
Seems we're the only Youth Volunteers in Ancash
Someone to face the day with, make it through the two years with
Someones we'll always laugh with
Even in the campo, it's better w/ y'all, yeah

It's like you're always stuck in the principal's office
Whether she hasn't accepted your project, idea, plan or even your solicitud

I'll be there for you, when the cipro cycle starts
I'll be there for you, cause we're practically site mates
I'll be there for you cause the combis just down the road

do do do do

I'll be there for you, I'll be there for you, I'll be there for you, cause we're all here together.


*Our Cell phone plan where PCVs talk free to each other

No comments:

Post a Comment